Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Days

And oh those summer nights~   Oh wait no, this isn't going to be that song...

But since summer is coming to an end, and it officially becomes Autumn next week, I thought I'd take this opportunity to reflect on my best memories from summer 2011. Possibly the very last "real" summer of my life. It might not have been my very best summer, but looking back a lot more happened than I originally thought.

A Beautiful Sky

I reconnected with old friends, people that I hadn't truly hung out with in a year. I saw my first big scale concert tour. I got to help take care of my god-son and watch him grow, at one point I was even seeing him every day which I've wanted for a long time.

Beach

I went out on spur-of-the moment adventures, which I didn't even realize I missed until I was dragged along this summer. I introduced my best friend to my family, which is something that has only happened about 2.5 times in my life. For the first time I had people read my blog other than my friends who I force to read it. (I even got a follower!!) And most recently I made brand new life long friends and got involved in a program that meant a lot more to anyone than I expected.

More Cupcakes
I'd say overall, even with some bumps in the road, this was quite the successful summer. :)
I'd like to thank everyone involved (what is this an award speech?) and I hope that everyone else's summer was as good, or even better than mine. And hopefully by next summer, I'll be writing about how spectacular my school year was.